There really isn’t a lot that goes into preparing this pie but the final product tastes otherwise. The slightly bitter chocolate is thick and creamy. The marshmallows are sweet and charred. The graham cracker crust is buttery and crunchy. It’s just like eating a S’more.
I made this dessert for our Mother’s Day/Birthday Party meal. My friend Mallory (one of the forementioned birthday girls) is a sucker for S’mores so naturally this was a no-brainer. Plus the pie is eaten cold so it’s perfect for warm summer days.
Adapted From: How Sweet It Is
- 1 1/4 sticks butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs, I had to use two of the clear packages
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 12 oz bag of semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag of large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325
- Press butter & graham cracker crumbs into a 9 inch pie plate to make a crust
- Bring milk & heavy cream to simmer over low heat in a small saucepan. Remove from heat once it simmers and pour in chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted. Add in sugar and salt. Beat eggs in a separate bowl & slowly whisking, incorporate the eggs to chocolate.
- Bake the chocolate in the pie crust for about 30-35 minutes. Mine took a little longer than that. Cook until the filling is set & firm when you shake it.
- Once the filling is set, top the pie with marshmallows.
- Broil the marshmallow topped pie on low for about 2 minutes until the tops of the marshmallows are golden brown.
- Chill for 2 hours. Serve cold.
- * Be sure to spray your pie cutter with cooking spray. The marshmallows are sticky & therefore make this pretty messy & hard to cut!